Tuesday 29 April 2008

My favourite building!!!



On my summer vacation in 2008 I had the privilege to travel with my boyfriend to the south of Chile, specifically I was stayed in Castro, the principal city of Chiloé island. This is a beautifull city surrounded by abundant vegetation. There is my favourite building, the San Francisco church of Castro.This isn´t a typical church, for its architecture, is alien to all the other traditional churches of Chiloe. Was built at the beginning of the century by the Italian architect called Eduardo Provasoli. The feature that i like more, is its interior lining. It was developed completly by cabinetmakers in larch wood. Its an amazing work, wich will surround to you in the warmth of southern Chile, each piece was worked by hand, creates a big piece, that you shouldn´t lost. Moreover its materiality, fully agrees with the environment, beautiful and great forests. I hope to come back some day and know more about the architecture of the south.

1 comment:

kamylitra said...

Hi!
my name is kamy and I'm a part of the class too (recently), so could you please subscribe me in your link list

Thanks